Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Letter to the Person I Miss the Most

Dear Baby Jennifer,

Up to this day, I remember the things we did - when you are a baby, when you were a toddler, when you went to school - like these happened only yesterday.

In my mind I see you dancing in perfect beat  while I sing our songs - Ang Mga Baby, Ang Mga Bata, Jenipalay Girl, etc.  - songs with the same lyrics as the title from beginning to end (just like Mahal's song, Cutie cute cute). You were a rocker at birth, you always have a good ear for music.  You were a good dancer too. A very good sport too  for no matter how silly my songs and tunes were, you always danced to them with gusto. 


You always laughed at my jokes however corny they were.  I guess you laughed with me more than you laughed at the jokes.  We  loved laughing, period.  I remember us rolling in laughter, our jaws hurting from prolonged laughing and always one of us will beg the other to stop, which in turn would elicit more laughter.

I miss  your baby version, that if I don't make an extra effort, I still see you as a baby especially when you are asleep.  It's true what they say that times flies so fast.  Babies become adults.  But you grew up so fast!

Not that I don't miss you at all now that you've grown up.  I miss you all the time, but as we've agreed with your biological Dad before and your new Dad now, you should be independent by the time you're 21 years old.  You have always lived up to our expectations and delivered some more surprises. We're so proud of you.

I love you Jenipalay girl,

Mami

No comments:

Post a Comment